Let's Make This A Safe Christmas For Your PetAuthor: Paul Ryan
Festivals and holidays can be a little hazardous to the pet. The pet owner needs to take special precautions to avoid these hazards. Christmas festival and rather all festivals are full of fun, food and enjoyment but especially during Christmas, the pet should be kept away from the hazards due to the Christmas tree, the decorations, ornaments and gifts.
Make This Christmas Safe For Your Pet
- If Going Out For Holiday:
If you are going out for a holiday for some days, then take your pet with you or leave them to your neighbor's or relatives' house. Never keep the pet alone in the house. If taking with you, then special care should be taken, to feed them with proper food and water. The outside foods, water may be dangerous and can make them ill.
- Christmas Tree:
Christmas tree decoration is the key for Christmas festival, but these trees and plants can be mildly toxic to the pet. So the best way is to keep an artificial tree or smaller tree away from the reach of the pet. The pine needles falling off the tree can be dangerous for the pet if ingested.
- Decorations And Ornaments:
The decorations and ornaments used for decorating the Christmas tree should be chosen that are not hazardous. The glass or delicate ornaments are easily breakable and can cause injury to the pet if ingested. Instead plastic, fabric or wooden ornaments should be chosen. The lighting cords used can also be dangerous and should be kept away from the reach of the pets.
- Christmas Foods:
The special food served at Christmas can also be harmful to the pet and needs to be avoided. The desserts full of fat, chocolates, alcohol, grapes, onions and garlic are all the foods that need to be avoided as they may make them seriously ill.
- Noise And Disruption:
Festivals means house full of guests, friends, and relatives. This can be fun for us but pet become very upset seeing lots of people and noise. The fireworks on the New Year also make them very upset and scared. So, make sure you provide a safe and quiet place for them with familiar things around.
- Water In the Tree Holder:
The pine needles falling off the tree is dangerous if it is ingested by the pet. To avoid this, one should keep the tree well watered. It can happen that the pet might drink the water from the tree holder so keep it covered as it can contain the preservatives, pine resin and other chemicals that also harm the pet.
Enjoy your Christmas this time with your pet and some safety guards to be followed.
To prevent the pet from the flea infestation during Christmas, one can go for the commercial products such as Fiprofort Plus For Fleas and Ticks Control.
Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/pets-articles/lets-make-this-a-safe-christmas-for-your-pet-7159251.htmlAbout the Author
Writing on pet related topics gives me great pleasure. I enjoy my day while writing on pet care, pet health, pet medicines and more. So, here I am associated writer for GenericFrontlinePlus.com which is into the business of pet care products.