Few Ideas on Creating Your Own RealityAuthor: Joe_Dixon
Sometimes life feels like a big burden. So much work, rush and of course livelihood to take care of. The long list of things that are pending looks too far from ending. Children are calling out for you while you are late for the work and a voice in your head asks you "What are we having for the dinner anyway?" Some of you might say that "Bah! This is all child's play! We deal with even worse!" But at the end of the day the feelings that resonate in your minds are same "So much to do in a time so little… Life is passing me by…"
Changing the "What?! Now this too?!" things that are going on around you will do no good but adjusting yourself to those situations can be of some help. You can easily bring about small changes in yourself that can help you handle many stressful situations. You can bring spaciousness and peace in yourlife by practicing the contents of the following list.
- Give yourself some time every day. Even if you can make 10 minutes' time for yourself it will bring a huge change. Think what can be done in that time. Do things that help you be yourself, makes you comfortable in your own skin and mind, etc. Meditation, journaling and yoga can be of some help. You may even consider sitting on a beach, going for a walk or painting.
- Try noticing events occurring around you. You can bring about a real change in yourself by taking control of your inner voices, critic and rush. Before making different choices, notice the stories that you tell yourself as most of these stories drive your life choices.
- Try setting some goals for yourself. Introduce a small increment of change that you feel will transforming your world. Make reasonable changes only and then divide it to make it go even smoother.
- Track events where you can bring change. If you want to control or stop yelling at your kids, try writing down what was happening, what you were doing, what the kids were doing, how you wanted the situation to go and what was there in your mind. Tracking helps in noticing and bringing changes.
- The idea of Radical Self Responsibility can be of much help. Radical Self Responsibility means taking accountability of things and events that have transpired in your life. In other words, you are the creator of everything that is going on in your life presently. However, it may seem that most the things are happening to you and some are out of your control. You can possibly become conscious of the things you have created by entertaining the idea of Radical Self Responsibility. This helps you in finding gifts and happiness in what you have created already and also in choosing a life you actually want to live.
The author of your life is no one but you.