If you want to know how to save your marriage combating the small jackal, read to the end.
I am young, happily married, and I really, really love my husband. He is such a Hunk!
I also love my mother in law, she is great. But, increasingly, I LIKE THEM LESS AND LESS!! Including not liking my husband!
We’ve been wed only for 2 years. Still in the honeymoon phase. As we are now starting to plan a family - I pray I do not do to my children, what my in-laws apparently did (or did not do).
I have a couple of serious requests (even if you might consider this as little small jackal in the vineyard. But remember, these small jackal, do the most serious damage).
If you are a mother-in-law, or a mother, you really should pay attention to my letter.
Teach your children, boys in particular!
- Make your own bed at least. It’s a sign of self-respect
- Hang the wet towel or at least put in back in the bathroom, do not dump it in-between the duvet and sheets
- Put your dirty clothes in the laundry bag, do not throw this on the floor (my personal decision, all items on the floor is considered as dirt and will be thrown away…)
- Do not stack or hoard dirty dishes and glasses in the bedroom, take them back to the kitchen!
- Place dirty plates and glasses in the basin at the very least
- Push your chair back when leaving the table
- Close the fridge doors properly, please. This is really such a simple action which Momma’s boys never seem to be able to do
- Do not drink directly from the cold drink bottles. And replace empty items used by yourself. Another thing Momma’s boys struggle to do
- Place the milk and butter and bread back where you found it! Do not dump and leave everything all over the kitchen for your wife to clean up
Bottom line is, your sons are dumping and leaving everything for their wives to pick and clean up. Where did they learn this?
At home – with you as parent.
If you sons cannot even abide by the small requests above- they run to ruin their marriages.
Because, once the wife starts doing all those seemingly innocent things mothers tend over-spoil their boys with in particular -
We the wives, become the mothers!
And who on earth, want to sleep with their sons?!
Will you blame us, when we start looking towards fresher horizons, where we might find a man who could value as a life partner, instead of us being a substitute mother or cleaner?
We as wives lose respect for these little spoilt boys who seem never to grow up because they still expect Mommies to clean up after them. And now, they expect their wives to fulfill this duty as well?
We as wives do not want to share our bodies with little boy husbands we have no respect for.
Please Mums, teach your sons especially how to have self-respect and to keep it tidy! We as wives, are not here to take over your motherly or domestic duties (In which you apparently failed, as you did not raise a child who could even clean up after himself).
We are here to love your sons and to build a loving supportive life with them, which I hope, you really also want for them.